We’re looking for smilers and inspirers, activity planners and all round team players to support our young people.
There are 160,000 volunteers like you, helping more than 460,000 young people each year to build #SkillsForLife. All our activities are run by volunteers, who might join us because they want to:
- Try something new;
- Make friends;
- Spend time with their children, or gain experience with young people;
- Do something good for their community and themselves;
- Keep their bodies and brains active and happy, whether that’s by scaling mountains, sharing skills or serving tea.
Everyone ends up making a huge difference to young people’s lives – gifting them with skills for life, and learning a whole lot about themselves along the way. Most of our volunteers work directly with young people aged 6 to 18 years, through one of our Sections (Squirrels, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers). Working in teams, they might:
- Welcome young people and families to sessions and events;
- Make sure everyone’s safe, supported, included and having fun;
- Help to plan and lead activities;
- Get involved with days out, camps and expeditions;
- Share and learn skills – from coding to cake decorating to canoeing;
- Celebrate young people’s achievements big and small;
You shape what you do and decide how much time you give. Scouts happens when a lot of us give a little (and no, you don’t have to be a Scout or outdoors expert to volunteer!).
Scouts is needed now more than ever. The pandemic has hit our young people hard – with two thirds saying is impacted on their mental health. Having people positive role models to guide the way, and give that extra bit of encouragement is so important in times like these. We help young people step up, speak and find their place in the world. We help them gain skills for life.
Whether you join us to directly support young people, or behind the scenes, as a volunteer manager, treasurer or fundraiser, we’ll match you with a role that suits the skills you have to share and those you’d like to gain.
No two weeks are the same, but the impact you make is always great. There is always room for more volunteers at our scout groups and units.
Fancy getting involved?
Please click the button below to complete our volunteer enquiry form. If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
County Team Opportunities
We have a number of exciting opportunities to join our County Team!
District Lead Volunteer for Urmston and District
We are excited to recruit our first District Lead Volunteer for Urmston and District. Below is a copy of the vacancy pack which contains more information about the District, role and our new approach to volunteering with The Scouts.
The closing date for applications and nominations for this role is Friday 5th May 2023. Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.