On Saturday 29th June, over 200 young people from across the County attended the Celebration of Excellence in recognition of their achievement of Top Awards! The day event is filled with activities ranging from Zip Line to Inflatables, Craft to Shooting. The evening event for older award holders included an Airsoft activity, campfire and a Youth Forum to get feedback from young people about Explorers and Network in our County and also on the uniform review.
Congratulations to all award holders and their Leaders for helping them achieve their Top Awards! Thank you to everyone who played their part in organising and delivering activities on this fantastic day.
A special thank-you to our special guests who came to congratulate our young people and present attendance certificates:
– Our County President, HM Lord Lieutenant of Greater Manchester, Mr Warren Smith JP
– North West Regional Commissioner, Nisbah Hussain
– Mayor of Trafford, Cllr Rob Chilton
– Mayor of Wigan, Cllr Steve Dawber
– Deputy Lieutenant of Greater Manchester, Mr Phil Horton
– County Chairman, Mr Haydn Worrall