The participant applications to be part of Unit 53 for the 25th World Scout Jamboree 2023 are now open!
Please share this information with all of the young people in your sections eligible to attend. Young people must be born between 22nd July 2005 and 31st July 2009. Young people only have one opportunity to experience a World Scout Jamboree as a participant!
- Attend one of our upcoming presentations to find out more.
- Read our Top Tips for making your Jamboree Application.
- Fill out the application form before the closing date on Monday 15th November at 23:59.
Upcoming Information Presentations
Monday 1st November 2021 at 19:30
5th Urmston Scout Group, Eeasbrook, Urmston, M41 9JA
Wednesday 3rd November at 19:30
Bispham Hall Scout Estate, Crank Road, Wigan, WN5 7DT
If you are unable to attend the face-to-face presentations, we will be holding a virtual presentation on Zoom.
Saturday 6th November at 19:30
Virtual – Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/93165556127 – password is JAMBOREE23)
Top Tips for making your Jamboree Application
- Take your time
- Don’t rush to answer the questions – it’s not first come first serve. We’re only going to look at application once the deadline has passed.
- You have 2 weeks to fill out the form
- Draft your answers in Word
- Note down your initial thoughts and ideas, then expand on them
- Come to it another day and re-check your answers before submitting the form.
- You can paste your answers from Word into the application form
- Don’t stress about it!
- There are only two questions
- We only want 300 words, maximum!
- You can bullet point your answers
- This is your chance to sell yourself!
- Showcase your skills and personality
- Tell us about your passion for Scouting
- Explain why you want to attend an International Scout event
- Don’t worry if you feel you haven’t got much experience
- You can share your experiences from weekly meetings, camps or any other activity or event you have taken part in
As part of the selection process, you will need to fill out an application form, whether written or by submitting a video.
Applications close on Monday 15th November at 23:59.
Following the application stage, we will be inviting potential participants to attend our Selection Day at Dunham Park Scout Camp on the weekend of 27th and 28th November 2021.
If you have any specific queries about the presentation evenings and application process, please feel free to drop us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org – we are more than happy to help!
Emma, Richard, Adam and Isabel
Unit 53 Leadership Team