Find an activity
As a starting point we would suggest you look at the A-Z of Activities under Find an activity. This is designed to link you to all the information you need to run any particular activity, and to give you new ideas of activities you could run.
The Activity Permit Scheme
A Clear Process is a webpage that aims to explain how to access adventurous activities within Scouting and how you could work towards providing more experiences. It’s not a one stop shop for everything you need to know but hopefully it will help you understand the first steps you need to take.
Applying / Renewing an Activity Permit
The Activity Permit Scheme across Greater Manchester West is managed by our ACC Activities and they will review all permit applications.
If you would like to apply for a new permit, or renew an existing permit:
- If you would like to apply for a new permit, or renew an existing permit:
- Click here to complete our Permit Application Form
- Once submitted, this will be reviewed by our ACC Activities who will ensure completeness and assign to a County Assessor
- In the meantime, you’ll receive an email asking you to submit any relevant further documentation
- Once assigned to a County Assessor, they will be in touch to discuss and process your application
- Once the assessment is complete, and a Permit agreed, the Assessor will add the Permit to your Compass records, for approval by your District Commissioner or County Commissioner
- Once the Permit is granted by the relevant Commissioner, you will have a valid Activity Permit.
Please remember – if you think you have a permit, but it isn’t recorded on Compass, then it is not valid. The only valid Activity Permits are those recorded against your personal record within Compass.
The Scouts have various funding scheme available to support training needs of volunteers to undertake activity permits. Click here for more information.
The County have a number of opportunities for volunteers to be undertake activity permits, please see the calendar below upcoming opportunities.
For more information and support, please contact:
Chris Starkie (Assistant County Commissioner for Activities)