Date(s) - 12/10/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Bispham Hall Scout Estate
All adults in Scouting holding a leader, manager or supporter appointment are required to hold a current first aid certificate.
While everyone is encouraged to maintain their qualification at all times, the certificate must be valid at the issue of the wood badge and for appointment renewal. This provision will ensure a minimum standard of first aid knowledge and training across the movement
The course covers at least 6 hours of training and includes:
- principles of first aid
- initial response to a first aid situation
- emergency life support (DRABC)
- CPR, including technique for children
- causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- bleeding (major and minor)
- heat exhaustion, heatstroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- burns and scalds
- fractures and soft tissue injuries
- minor injuries (for example cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
Payment required at time of booking via BACS to Account Name GMWCSC Account No. 00097825. Sort Code 40 52 40. Please use reference 1R.10/Surname. Alternatively cheque to County Office payable to Greater Manchester West County Scout Council (no abbreviations).
Times to be confirmed.
Bookings are closed for this event.