Could you show your stripes and be a World Scout Jamboree Unit Leader? Apply Now.
We’re so excited that Greater Manchester West has been allocated a full unit made up of 4 patrols to become part of the UK Contingent to the 25th World Scout Jamboree in Korea during 2023.
That means we need to recruit 4 adult volunteers to become the Unit Leadership Team who make sure that our 36 young people will be empowered to be bold and brave to make the most of the life shaping experience the World Scout Jamboree will provide.
We’re supporting the UK Contingent’s vision to be the most inclusive UK Contingent to attend a World Scout Jamboree. There should be no unnecessary barriers to anyone becoming part of our Unit Leadership Team.
- Never been to a Jamboree before? – that’s OK!
- Not an Explorer Scout Leader? – absolutely no problem
- Never been on a plane? – step forward tiger!
The UK Contingent is not shying away from challenging the perceptions of who an adult jamboree volunteer is, so if you’re prepared to Think big. Dream wild and Act together why not leap at the opportunity to apply to join our team?
All members of the Unit Leadership team are expected to demonstrate and advocate our Scout values through their leadership and infuse the UK Contingent’s vision into local actions and plans.
The safety and wellbeing of everyone attending the World Scout Jamboree is paramount, the Unit Leadership Team will ensure that the Unit is supported by and operating in accordance with our safer Scouting policies and guidelines at all times. Our Yellow Card is an example of this good practice.
This is an adult role, and considering prior experience, the UK Contingent advise Unit Leaders, Deputies and Assistant should be at least 18 years old by 1 January 2022.
To download the role profiles and application form, please visit our dedicated 25th World Scout Jamboree 2023 page by clicking the link below.
Our timescales for recruiting our Unit Leadership Team
- Saturday 18 September 2021: All applications must be received by noon.
- Sunday 19 September 2021: Our aim to inform all candidates of interviews
- Saturday 25 September 2021: Interviews to take place at Wigan & District HQ, Wigan.
- Sunday 26 September 2021: Successful interviewees informed to attend selection day
- Saturday 2 October 2021: Selection day at Dunham Park Scout Camp, Altrincham
- Sunday 3 October 2021: Successful candidates informed
If you have any questions about the roles, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing, email@example.com.