After a lengthy conversation with Headquarters and the National Youth Agency, I am pleased to inform you that the additional restrictions (outdoors only) put in place for Greater Manchester have now been removed.
This means that if your groups meeting place can accommodate indoor meetings and your section’s approved risk assessment is reflective of this, you are now permitted to meet indoors.
Below is a reminder of the current AMBER restrictions.
Readiness level: AMBER
This means: Restricted size group sessions can take place indoors and outdoors.
Maximum group size:
- Activities involving young people: 15 young people and up to 5 leaders
- Scout Network programmed activities: 6 people
- Adult activities (non-social) with no young people present: 6 people
Relevant Government Guidance: National Youth Agency
- Adults must wear face coverings indoors, unless they are leading an activity.
- Scouts and Explorers must wear face coverings indoors, including when using toilet facilities.
If you have any questions in the first instance, please contact your District Commissioner.
Good luck and stay safe!
Please continue to check guidance from HQ and the coronavirus information hub on our website, www.gmwscouts.org.uk/coronavirus