Our Programme Support Day took place on Saturday 8th March 2020, and was the first under the new format with an event for all sections rather than events tailored to specific sections.The sessions were decided by our leaders on our Programme Support Survey sent at the end of 2019. The all sections format enabled leaders who work across multiple sections to attend sessions for different sections in the same place, on the same day, in addition to meeting a variety of different leaders with varied experiences from across the County.
The sessions included:
- Sharing Programme Ideas and Best Practice, specific for each section
- Effective Risk Assessments
- Supporting the Young Leaders Scheme for Section Leaders
- Supporting Top Awards in Explorers and Network
- Strategies for Tackling Challenging Behaviour
- Organising International Experiences
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Introduction to Online Scout Manager
- Tackling the Expedition Challenge for Scouts
- Sharing Ideas for Games
- Practical Skills – Knots, specific for each section and an Introduction to Maps and Navigation
- Orienteering Taster Sessions
There was over 50 leaders from across the County, with volunteers who support the Beaver, Cub, Scout and Explorer sections. Lunch brought an opportunity for volunteers to chat and share ideas over pasties and peas.
A special thanks to our Programme Team, Adult Support Team and other volunteers who played a huge part in organising the event and delivering the sessions. We are planning another Programme Support Day for next year, so keep an eye out for the date and more information!