YouShape 2017 in GMW
We would love you tell us about the #YouShape events taking place in your group or district so we can share and celebrate them. If you are taking part, please send your photos and a short story about what you did to email@example.com or post a photo of your Pledge on GMW Scouts Forum Facebook page.
As part of the county’s pledge, we aim to:
- Raise the profile and understanding of YSS in GMW
- Increase the quality and quantity of sectional Youth Shaped Scouting such as PL Forums and Youth Commissioner forums
- Encourage young people to apply for iMoveIt to gain an understanding of fast track leadership opportunities.
- Youth Commissioners working collaboratively with their Districts/Counties to embed Youth Shaped Scouting into the four areas of Youth Shaped Scouting: Programme, Leadership, Management and Governance.
- Executive training on Youth Shaped Scouting.
- Host a County #YouShape event at Hotel Football, Manchester
#YouShape 2017 resources
Activity Inspiration Pack
In the Activity Inspiration resources you will find 31 pages jam packed full of inspirations to help you plan your own #YouShape activities, whether that be a District Camp or running a #YouShape night. Remember, #YouShape is more than just a month, and these resources can be used at any point in the year.
This year, we’ve put how each activity links to badges from the section, making it even easier to link in to the programme. We’ve also included an evening planner for each section, so you can run your own #YouShape evening easier.
Click here to view the pack
Wear their Necker Campaign
To encourage Young People to take up adult volunteer positions in the future, we have launched the Wear their Necker campaign. This is all about getting Young People to shadow Leaders to see what the role involves and understand how they could do the role. In GMW we have two participants who are taking on the role of County Commissioner for a week during #YouShape month. You can also do this yourself at any level, whether you have a Scout who wants to be GSL, or a Beaver who wants to run a game or activity.
Click here to view the information
We’re asking each Group and Section to pledge to take part in #YouShape and make sure their Young People are listened to. We have set up three levels of #YouShape involvement, starting at Bronze (for printing off the Pledge and displaying it in your group), all the way up to Gold (which means your group is working in partnership with Young People to make decisions). We have produced a factsheet to tell you more details about what the pledges involve.